Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Adventures :)

Keith at Bass Pro Shop


Well, I didn't really do much with Keith on Friday. I took him to Blockbuster at 9pm, but that was it. Today after I got off work, I decided to challenge Keith a bit and go on an "out of town" outing. I chose to take him to the Bass Pro Shop in Manteca, about 20 minutes away, and to the West Valley Mall in Tracy, about 45 minutes away. At the Bass Pro Shop, Keith did extremely well. Their we're stuffed, fake animals all over the place, including a giant Grizzly Bear. Keith seemed interested by them, but not frightened at all. He walked right up to the Grizzly Bear, sniffed it's paw and mouth, and turned to walk away. It's like he was saying, "Hmm, that's cool I guess. Can we go now?" This surprised me a lot because my first puppy, Newport, was frightened by statues and fake animals. He took a lot of coaxing to get near them. I'm really glad that even though Keith and Newport are half brothers, they are very different in confidence levels. We spent about 45 minutes in the store. We explored both floors, walked up the stairs and rode the glass elevator, looked at the giant tanks of fish, walked through the arcade of gun games, and walked through the room where all the boats and ATV's are kept. Keith walked perfectly through the whole place, and wasn't distracted by anything.

Keith and the Grizzly Bear

Next, we went to the West Valley Mall. This mall is HUGE! It has a carousel, movie theater, a dog adoption store, and a reptile store! Keith did really well here too. We were there for about an hour and a half.
Keith looking at turtles in the reptile store
Keith looking at a Komodo Dragon
This was such a great day for Keith. He did so well, and had some fun experiences too!

1 comment: