Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Keith update

All 3 pups at breakfast
Keith at Cabo's house!
Keith has been doing extremely well on the medication he received last week. He was limping a bit last week, but now he doesn't seem to be limping at all! Last weekend, Keith, Newport and I went over to another raisers house to watch her kids (and her dogs) for the weekend. They are raising two puppies, 10 month old male black lab "Cabo", and 4 month old female black lab, "Alita". They all enjoyed playing in their big backyard all weekend. I have stayed the weekend there with Keith before when he was 15 weeks old, and he was a little dog distracted while we were there. This time, he was much more well behaved and calm. He even slept on a tie-down while we were there! He didn't chew on anything, and stayed on his bed the whole night. I was super proud of him. We took all three dogs out to breakfast and to Target, and they all did really well. On Monday, Keith mostly just rested at home all day. Tuesday was Newports Therapy test, so he stayed home until I got back. After, I took him and Newport over to my friends house so they could play with her dogs before our puppy meeting. He played for almost 2 hours, and STILL didn't fall asleep! Luckily, he was still very well behaved at our meeting. We went to a hotel for this weeks meeting, and Keith did great. We walked up and down the stairs, sat in the lobby, and rode the elevator to the top, and back down. This was such a good outing for the dogs. If and when they become Guides, they will almost certainly stay in a Hotel a few times. Keith will be staying in a hotel with my family and I in about a month, so this was a good experience for him.


I am not sure what I will be doing with Keith for the rest of this week/weekend, but I'm hoping to do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment