Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Random Updates

Well, my puppy meeting was cancelled tonight, so now I have time to Blog!

Keith update: Keith has been doing very well. Today was his last day of taking his medicine for the Pano. He's been on it for 14 days, and seems to be doing really well. The Vet says it may return, which in that case he'll just go back on the meds. He went to the movies with us on Sunday night to see the Avengers. He was really, really good and slept through the whole thing. Today we went grocery shopping for over an hour and we took Keith. I was surprised at how well he did despite the crowds, noise, and length of time we were in there. He was one tired pup when we got home! This weekend I will be taking him to a Triathalon about an hour away. Should be a fun experience for him!

Newport update: Newport went into the Vet on Monday for a check up, and to get some tests done to be registered with the Therapy Dog Organization. Everything looked great on him, but he did have a very sever ear infection in his right ear. The entire ear canal was completely blocked with wax and gunk. They took him into the backyard and showed me how to flush his ears. Immediately, the debris started flowing out of his ears, and when they looked in his ear again, they could see down the canal. But, every 3 days I have to flush his ear out, and he also gets this cream medicine injected into his ears everyday for a few weeks. Newport has had bad ear infections since day one. We battled them all throughout his training, and when he was recalled, they had to put him under and clean his ears out. Hopefully we can get a handle on these ear infections in the future. The Vet also said that Newport is a little overweight. He weighs 80 pounds, and his ideal weight is in the low 70's. So Newport is on a doggy diet!! He gets less food, more exercise, and no fattening doggy treats! We bought a bunch of healthy snacks for him including apples, carrots, and green beans. I found a bunch of healthy dog treat recipes online that I am going to try too.
Newport went for a bike ride with me yesterday
I also ordered all of Newports patches for his vest today! They should be here on Saturday or Monday.
I love this vest!

Newport, Keith, and Molly....losing weight together!

And, here's a cute picture to brighten your day :)
Keith and Newport sharing the bed (unwillingly, I might add)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love this post :)

    Carrots, Apples and Greenbeans won't be so bad Newport!

    ReplyDelete