Monday, April 23, 2012

Meet Keith!


Wow, I am so far behind on my Blog already! A lot has happened since Friday. First off, I will start by introducing you to yet another one of my dogs. This time, it's Keith's turn! Keith is my second Guide Dog Puppy. He is a yellow lab, born on October 8th, 2011. His parents are Suzanne and Jenkins. (Yes, he's a half brother to Newport!) He is now 7 months old, and has been a complete joy to raise so far. He's sassy confident, playful, and just an all around good boy. He is ALWAYS happy to see anyone, and his tail is always wagging at a mile a minute. He's got fairly dog fur, and it is very curly, which I find surprising in a lab. He is often mistaken for a Lab/Golden cross because if this. He's got super saggy eyes, and wrinkles galore! People will also ask me if he is part hound dog or Shar-Pei. He has awesome relieving skills and is perfect in the house. (Well....almost perfect. The trash can gets the best of him sometimes!) He is also a lot of to take on outings because he's extremely calm and well behaved. Well, as you can tell, I can't say enough good things about this boy! He currently has what we think is Pano (I really hope that it is Pano and not something else...), so he's been hobbling around, and is on bed rest for a few days. Luckily, today was my last day of school so he doesn't have to stay crated while I'm gone.

3 comments:

  1. "Fairly dog fur" should be fairly dark fur...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy Keith is! We have had many Jenkins puppies in our club and I know the family who raised Jenkins (he is a great puppy). :)

    ReplyDelete