Saturday, April 28, 2012

GDB Puppy Movie Night!

Rory sleeping on me
Helene and Keith at Rayleys
My friend Natalie and I decided to have a movie night with our Guide Dog puppies tonight. She is raising a black female named Helene. We also included the Career Changes! Her CC Rory, another Female black lab, and my CC Newport grew up together and are the best of friends. It's kind of ironic how they were both CC'd. We let all 4 dogs, plus my pet dogs, Annie and Molly, play in my backyard for awhile. They ran and chased eachother, played in the doggie pool, and had a 4-way tug of war! They had so much fun. We then put the puppies in crates in my house and took the Career Changes on a really long walk together. It was so cute how excited Newport and Rory got when they saw us take out their leashes. Afterwards, we took the puppies in training to the grocery store to get some snacks and what not. They both did really good, and they all crashed before we started the movie :) Halfway through the movie, Rory decided to snuggle up with me on the couch. When she was in training, she was never really fond of me. She didn't hate me or anything, but she would casually get excited to see me, then ignore me for the rest of the time. Since she's been Career Changed, all she wants to do is be near me. She stares at me and whines softly until I let her climb into my lap on the couch. It's pretty cute that she actually likes me now! I don't know what changed her mind, but I now seem to be one of her favorite people! This was a fun night for all of the puppies, and a great start to the weekend. Keith will be doing some fun stuff over the next few days!

1 comment: